The entries are closed and on Saturday 21 June forty two teams from across Ireland are set to pit themselves against the course we have set for the 2008 Kilbroney Challenge. It is a great course (we would say that as we have designed and planned it for the last six months) with amazing views all along the route and we hope each and every one of you enjoy it!
Ok, we have some questions that need answered
1) Are you a vegetarian? We have salads with Spicy Chicken at the finish for everyone and if you have an aversion to the feathered bird please let us know ASAP so we can make some up without chicken. The salads will be ordered on Thursday so we need to know before then. If you don’t let us know the chicken can be removed by you on the day. Also - does anyone have any food allergies?
2) Are you camping? If so please let us know how many of you are camping and for one night or two nights ASAP. NO CAMP FIRES OR LOUD MUSIC
1) Start Finish Location - http://www.clyc.org/dynamicdata/Directions.aspx
2) Bike Drop Details http://kilbroneychallenge.blogspot.com/2008/06/start-finish-area-bike-drop-off.html
3) Transitions on the Day http://kilbroneychallenge.blogspot.com/2008/06/transitions-kit.html
Race Registration and Briefing
Race registration will be from 8.00am and briefing will be at 10.00am.
The race will start at 10.30am.
There will be one time out during the race where you are off race time for a special task – more on the day. Apart from this time out there will be no other mandatory rest stops until the finish.
We will be using SportIdent timing system and if you lose the dibber allocated to the team you will have pay for a new one.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR TEAM MATE KNOWS THE DETAILS CONTAINED IN THIS E MAIL AS WE DO NOT HAVE E MAIL ADDRESSES FOR SOME COMPETITORS
If you have any queries just reply to this e mail or ring Rowan on 0044 777 584 6097.
Thanks for your entry, see you all on Saturday morning.
Rowan McMahon & Henry McLaughlin